We are coming up on the one year anniversary of Football Absurdity and we are excited for what this next year will bring. We had a good first year and have grown tremendously. One of our writers has started a podcast. Another has become a regular radio contributor in the Chicagoland area. And we’ve had articles retweeted by nfl.com writers.
We’ve also come to the realization that we cannot expand at the rate we want to without more writers. If you might be interested in becoming a contributor, here is what we are looking for.
- General NFL news. We want to cover the news, but we mostly want to make fun of it. Here are some examples of what we are looking for.
- NFL Draft – We’d love to bring on people to do write ups on this.
- NFL Free Agency – We’d love people to do write ups on
- Fantasy Football – We have a solid base on this already, but we’d love new ideas.
- Collaborations – Projects with multiple writers.
- Maybe you have ideas we haven’t thought of. Like our mission statement says, we are dumb. Show us the error of our ways.
The big thing we are looking for is information and humor. Football Absurdity prides itself in the knowledge that all our opinions are dumb. Go ahead and have conviction but make sure you have fun with it.
This is unpaid work for now, but we hope to change that in the near future. We have also made the decision to run Google Ads to give writers an opportunity to make some money from their work. If you write something that blows up and gets a lot of hits, generating revenue, you get paid. If this is a deal-breaker, we completely understand. Just remember that we are working for free too. Heck, we are actually paying to write as we have costs that come with running the website.
If you are still interested, here is what we need from you.
- Send an email to email@example.com. We will need the following.
- Ideas for what you would be interested in working on.
- A writing sample. Preferably something sports or comedy related.
- A commitment to writing one article per week. We understand that life happens, but we are looking for a serious commitment.
We are only looking to add a few writers at this time, so if you aren’t chosen, don’t worry. We will have more opportunities in the future and will certainly consider you if our staffing needs change.