Fantasy Football: Week Fourteen Waiver Wire Running Backs aka Running In Circles
It is week fourteen and we are either in do or die mode or your playoffs have started. So welcome to the super, duper hyped playoff edition. Normally, I just list players owned in 50% of leagues or less with a more thorough background. This week, I am changing things up. All your choices on the waiver wire are still bad. But I’m increasing my minimum owned threshold to 75%. That way, I can tease you with players that might almost be available in some leagues, but not your own. Because God hates that you play fantasy football and touch yourself. At this point, it is do or die. So here are my week fourteen waiver wire running back rankings. But do you really want to trust someone who still listens to Muse?
- Jamaal Williams — Owned in 71% of leagues – Jamaal Williams appears to have locked down the starting running back job in Green Bay, just narrowly beating out Brett Hundley. At this point, he is a solid RB2 start for the rest of the season.
- Alfred Morris – Owned in 69% of leagues – It is hard to trust Alfred Morris after how he handled the Ezekiel Elliott suspension. But you don’t have to trust Morris. You just have to trust that Tyron Smith is finally healthy and the Cowboys play a New York Giants team that is terrible at defending the run in week fourteen. The Giants have given up the most rushing yards to running backs this season.
- Peyton Barber – Owned in 6% of leagues – Peyton Barber made the most of his opportunities in week thirteen, by rushing for 102 yards on 23 carries. There is speculation that he might be the new starter in Tampa Bay. There are too many ifs with this situation to feel comfortable, but if you need a running back there aren’t many options that will be better.
- Kenyan Drake– Owned in 68% of leagues – Kenyan Drake appears to be the number one running back in Miami. It is unfortunate that the Miami Dolphins are a dumpster fire right now. The only reason Drake looked good in week thirteen is because he happened to be playing a Denver Broncos team that strives to be good enough to be called a dumpster fire.
- Derrick Henry – Owned in 71% of leagues – Derrick Henry has a pretty bad matchup in week fourteen against the Arizona Cardinals. Add in the fact that he is also in a timeshare, and it is safe to say that Derrick Henry is only a start for the truly desperate.
- Rex Burkhead– Owned in 68% of leagues – Rex Burkhead has had two touchdowns in each of his last two games. This is the type of performance that convinces people that Burkhead has finally established himself as the lead back in New England. This is also the type of player you start in your fantasy playoffs and then get mad at yourself when he gets you eliminated, because you should have known better.