In our fantasy football puzzles, Week 6 edition, we’ve got a trio of new head-scratchers that touch on the subjects of words, logic, and fun!
1. Common Ground
What NFL-related property do the following words share?
2. Word Ladders
A word ladder takes a starting word, changes one letter to make a new word (without rearranging). This process is repeated until arriving at the final word.
So if the puzzle was to change “LOVE” into “BUST” a solution could be: LOVE–>LOSE–>LOST–>LUST–>BUST. Sorry, Jordan.
As an added hint, we included the number of steps in our solve (the LOVE–> BUST ladder had 4 steps).
A. Change RAIDERS into WINNERS (6 steps)
B. Change CHIEFS into LOSERS (8 steps)
C. Change EVAN into OKAY (8 steps)
Special thanks to http://datagenetics.com/blog/april22019/index.html
3. Deduction Puzzle
The final standings are in for a unique 7-team fantasy football league. The participants are Larson, Mailer, Nadel, Otero, Peterson, Smith, and Thomas.
Can you figure out the final order from the following clues?
– Larson finished better than Nadel
– Mailer finished better than Thomas
– Peterson finished worst than Larson, Mailer, Nadel, Otero, and Thomas
– There was exactly one person between Larson and Otero, whether or not Larson finished better than Otero
– There was exactly one person between Mailer and Peterson, whether or not Mailer finished better than Peterson
– Smith finished first
You’re probably feeling pretty smart, right about now. Put that brain to good u$e and try out Fan Duel! That link lets them know we sent you! It also gets you a 20% deposit match up to $500!
[Photo credit: https://www.pxfuel.com/en/free-photo-oykah under cc-2.0]